The Canmore Folk Music Festival is the longest running folk music festival in Alberta and one of its finest. We have an excellent opportunity for an organized, ambitious and responsible individual to join our team in a term role from approximately February 18 to October 18, 2019.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Festival Administrator is responsible for providing support and leadership in volunteer management and operations activities. This unique role provides a great deal of flexibility for the successful candidate. Working an average of 24 hours weekly, the Festival Administrator will manage their working hours according to the work to be done. This includes adjusting to full-time hours, or more, in the weeks prior to the festival when workloads are heaviest and the possibility of a rare weekend or evening meetings.
Success will be achieved in this role by:
- Applying advanced organizational skills to administer the full scope of the volunteer application process that sees over 600 applicants annually.
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with staff, board members, community partners, vendors, volunteers and patrons to ensure everyone is kept informed.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve processes, gain efficiencies and support others.
- Creating and managing online and physical documentation related to the festival operations, including volunteer area timelines, operations manuals and archives.
- Directly supporting the work of Volunteer Coordinators, who lead our volunteers in their respective areas.
- Utilizing exceptional time management skills to ensure completion of all tasks according to the established timelines, while adapting to varying working conditions and intensities.
To apply for this opportunity, please include a cover letter that lets us know what skills you bring to the table that make you the best candidate for the role. Only applications with a cover letter will be accepted.
We invite all interested applicants to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Festival Administrator’ prior to December 28, 2018. We will reach out to all shortlisted candidates after the holiday season for interviews in January 2019. Interviews can be conducted in person or by video to accommodate candidates not currently living in Canmore.
Filed under: 2019