Volunteer positions are available on the Canmore Folk Festival Board of Directors!
The Canmore Folk Music Festival (CFMF) is in its 45th year and is the longest-running festival in Alberta. Do you want to help guide the festival into the future? Consider joining our Board of Directors and becoming part of an amazing group of dynamic and committed people who are passionate about live music and the community.
The CFMF Board of Directors provides strategic leadership and governance to the Festival Director and General Manager, who in turn lead over 500 volunteers in the delivery of our festival over the Heritage Day weekend each August, as well as other special projects throughout the year. Board members are provided free weekend passes to experience the festival firsthand!
Our Board is currently looking for new Directors to join, beginning in March 2022 and serving a three-year term. We are seeking candidates who:
- Demonstrate the ability to cultivate relationships and work effectively in a team
- Are aligned to the festival’s vision, mission and values
- Have previous volunteer experience and a demonstrated commitment to community
- Ideally, but not necessarily, have experience in music and the arts, fundraising, contract law, human resources, or marketing
- Have previous board experience or are keen to learn about board governance
We are seeking thoughtful, innovative individuals with unique perspectives and experiences to shape the future of our festival. This position can be fulfilled remotely and is not limited to residents of the Bow Valley.
Expectations of our Board Members include:
- Active participation in monthly board meetings, typically held on a weekday evening
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments, including participating in additional meetings as required
- Meeting all legal, ethical, and fiduciary responsibilities of a board member
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Actively supporting the festival’s commitment to a diverse board and staff
- Participating in fundraising efforts contributing to the long-term sustainability of the festival
- Serving as a trusted advisor and coach to festival leadership, including reviewing festival performance and effectiveness
If this sounds like a fit for you, please send your expression of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining why you are interested in joining the CFMF Board of Directors, and what unique talents and perspectives you can bring to our organization. Submissions will be accepted until February 21, 2022.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If you require any reasonable accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
Filed under: Uncategorised