The Canmore Folk Festival is responsible for keeping your personal information confidential and applying it for the intended purposes. An appointed Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for the Festival’s compliance to this Policy.
When you purchase tickets, products, and services from the Canmore Folk Festival, enter contests, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for our e-newsletter or complete a customer satisfaction survey we may collect certain personal information about you. This includes your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information, and demographic information, satisfaction and interest preferences. Your information identifies you as a Canmore Folk Festival customer and allows us to understand your needs and inform you about programming, events, and product offerings which may be of interest to you.
Consent & How Your Personal Information is Used
Individuals’ knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of their personal information. This information will be used only for the purpose that the Festival believes to be considered appropriate.
The Festival is responsible for keeping personal information confidential and applying it for the intended purposes, which include:
- Processing transactions in an efficient manner. This includes processing credit cards, mailing tickets or to contact customers about changes or cancellations to shows or events. The Festival also uses credit card information as proof of identity when customers pick purchased tickets in person.
- Sending information or special offers from the Festival. This material may be delivered by letter mail, telephone or electronic means.
- Sharing personal information with the Festival’s agents, representatives, contractors, or service providers so they can provide them with services such as credit card authorization and order fulfillment. The Festival specifies that these entities cannot use personal information for any other purpose. The Festival does not sell or disclose personal information to any other business.
- Disclosing information when necessary to comply with the law, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
- Sharing a volunteer’s personal information with the relevant coordinator for the purposes of communication regarding scheduling, etc.
Internet Related Policies
We do not send unsolicited email. By adding your name to our e-newsletter subscriber’s list on our website, you authorize the Canmore Folk Festival to send you messages to tell you about upcoming programming, events, and benefits offered by the Canmore Folk Festival and its partners. At no time do Canmore Folk Festival partners have access to your confidential information. You may cancel your subscription(s) to our e-newsletter(s) at any time.
This policy discloses the privacy practices for our website, however our site contains links to other websites. Once you link to another site you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that website.
We protect your personal information by using safeguards that ensure specific individual information will not be made available to any unauthorized person. We use a multi-level security system to control access to information stored for our customers. We are committed to educating our employees about the laws surrounding individual rights to privacy. Our employees are up to date on our policies and procedures for protecting personal information under our control.
Your personal information is kept as complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. If you wish to verify, correct or have your personal information removed from our database, please contact the Canmore Folk Festival in writing at the following address:
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Canmore Folk Festival, Box 8098, Canmore, Alberta, T1W 2T8