We Are Hiring!
Friday, February 24, 2023
The Canmore Folk Music Festival is one of the oldest music festivals in Alberta, celebrating our 45th anniversary in 2022. Our signature event is the three-day music festival presented annually over the long weekend in August with attendance of over five thousand people per day. We recently held one of our most successful live audience festivals after a two-year pandemic hiatus. We are fortunate to be well supported by our staff, our Board, our volunteer base, our audiences, our sponsors, the local community and patrons from across Western Canada and beyond.
Nestled in the Rocky Mountains, Canmore is home to artsPlace, a local arts and creativity centre, and is minutes from Banff National Park and the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity. Canmore is a world class destination offering small town quality of life and access to year-round outdoor recreation. It is also only an hour away from a major metropolitan centre and an international airport.
As we plan for the next decade, we are excited about the future of our Festival and we would like to discuss opportunities with motivated and experienced candidates for leadership roles in our organization. We have opportunities in Organization Leadership as well as Artistic Direction.
We value the principles of diversity and inclusion and encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences that can lead our organization into the future. While we understand that no one candidate can bring every desired skill, characteristic or professional quality, our ideal candidate profiles would include:
Organizational Leadership role:
- leading or running a music/arts festival or other major event
- leading a blended team of staff and volunteers
- capable of hands-on operational action when required
- community and stakeholder engagement
- sponsor liaison and relationship development
- government liaison and relationship development
- management and writing of government and foundation grant requests related to operations
- collaborating with and reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors
Artistic Direction role:
- overall artistic direction consistent with the personality and character of the festival
- curation of the festival line-up including contracting, advancing and artist information management
- oversight of our Artist Development Program including managing scholarships, and artist development projects including music in schools, adult and youth mentorships, etc.
- pro-actively developing partnerships with local, national and international arts organizations and artists
- active participation in and knowledge of the local arts community
- represent CFMF locally, nationally and internationally through attending other festivals and key events
- oversee and manage the overall production (technical director, sound techs, stage crew, backline coordinator, and emcees)
- oversee artist relations with agents, managers, travelling sound techs, and the artist liaison team, accommodation and transportation of artists/emcees/crew
- management and writing of government and foundation grant requests related to presenting of the arts
These roles offer degrees of work and location flexibility.
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
To discuss further, please submit your resume, together with a cover letter describing your capacity and interest in filling either or both of the described roles, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received before March 21st will be given full consideration. Applications received after this date may be considered until positions are filled.
Filed under: 2023